The Biochar & Bioenergy 2019 conference hosted at Colorado State University will focus on bridging scientific, industrial, practitioner, and policy gaps in biomass utilization for biochar and bioenergy production. The US Biochar Initiative (USBI) promotes the sustainable production and use of biochar, and has convened the pre-eminent North American biochar conference since 2009. The Bioenergy Alliance Network of the Rockies (BANR) will be celebrating completion of a large research effort to provide science-based underpinning for sustainable biofuel & bio-products creation from beetle-killed and residual wood feedstocks in that region. Biochar & Bioenergy 2019 will draw attention to biochar and bioenergy science, technology, and sustainability issues at local-to-global scales.
Meeting topics will include:
- Forest health monitoring & biomass mapping
- Wood harvest & feedstock production systems
- Thermochemical conversion & biochar production technologies
- Biochar in agriculture, horticulture, and urban landscapes
- Biochar for environmental remediation & forestry
- Bio-carbon as feedstock for other bio-based products
- Biomass and biochar health & safety issues
- Sustainability, lifecycle assessment, economic and policy analysis
Please save-the-date and join us from June 30th to July 3rd, 2019 on the Colorado State University campus in Fort Collins, CO, USA!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter