Inside Energy and Wyoming Public Media will be hosting a SPARK! event titled “Beyond the Boom and Bust” on Monday, April 25 at the Ivinson Mansion in Laramie:
This group put on a very interesting program in Fort Collins last year, including representatives from the BANR project!
IE Questions: What Is Spark!?
Check out the upcoming “Wood Utilization in the WUI” workshop on Monday, June 20 at 1pm at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs:
The event is hosted by the Colorado Wood Utilization and Marketing program (CoWood), members of which are also BANR Extension specialists!
Our sister project NARA (Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance) is hosting the 2nd Northwest Wood-Based Biofuels + Co-Products Conference at the Seattle Airport Marriot May 3-4. Registration is now open: http://nararenewables.org/conference/
This will be a large gathering of academics, students, teachers, government and industry representatives discussing the growing bioenergy industry in the pacific northwest. We’re proud to have several BANR members on the agenda- hope to see you there!
Starting Oct. 13, the Northwest Advanced Renewables Alliance (NARA) will be presenting a 5-part Wood-to-Biofuels webinar series. Topics include:
- Oct. 13- Estimating forest residue for biomass production
- Oct. 14- Decision support for forest harvest residue collection
- Oct. 19- Characterization of forest residuals for bio-jet production
- Oct. 21- “Wood to Wake” lifecycle assessment of residual woody biomass based jet-fuel
- Oct. 30- Long-term soil productivity and sustainability of forest harvest residue harvesting
For details & registration, go to